What It Is
Skin Types: All
What It Is
Our most powerful brightening serum helps visibly correct discoloration and blemish marks, while interrupting future dark spots. See a -39% reduction in dark spots and acne scars in 12 weeks.*
*Clinical testing conducted on 52 women after using serum for 12 weeks.
What It Does
Our “damage eraser” with patented CL302 Equalizer Technology is now more concentrated, with boosted technology to deliver dramatic brightening results—yet is still gentle enough for all skin types. Now with double the dose, this formula features our proprietary brightening molecule for a more even skin tone plus improves the look of dark spots, age spots, and blemish marks. Interrupts future dark spots, too. Penetrates up to 21 layers deep into skin’s surface.*
*Ex vivo testing after 4 hours.
Based on twice-a-day use by test participants.*
• After 2 weeks: 89% said skin looked more even-toned.
• After 4 weeks: 93% said it reduced the look of dark spots.
• After 4 weeks: 91% said it reduced the look of acne scars.
*Sensory testing on 101 Asian women.
Key Ingredients/ Technology
CL302 Equalizer Technology targets dark spots in two ways: corrects with the CL302 Complex and interrupts future ones with the Interrupter Complex.
CL302 Complex: with 2X the brightening dose helps visibly reduce dark spots and discoloration. It includes the following:
• UP302 (dimethoxytolyl propylresorcinol): A targeted brightening molecule inspired by border silver, or dianella ensifolia, a botanical known in traditional Chinese medicine for its antioxidant properties.
• Ascorbyl glucoside: Helps reduce the appearance of discoloration.
• Glucosamine: Weakens the bonds that hold dead skin cells together to encourage the departure of cells containing melanin.
• Yeast extract: Clinique’s “cluster buster” breaks up (exfoliates) large clusters of pigment into smaller particles so they’re less visible.
• Salicylic acid: Gently sloughs off the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal fresher, more even tone skin.
Interrupter Complex: with a cocktail of soothing ingredients helps minimize irritation to interrupt future hyperpigmentation. It includes the following:
• Gyokuro (camellia sinensis leaf) extract: A green tea harvested with a special method in Japan that helps quell irritation.
• Mulberry root extract: Rich in antioxidants that help counter free-radical damage that causes irritation.
• Rice bran extract: A potent anti-oxidant and anti-irritant, and helps to prevent future dark spots by defending skin against damaging free radicals.
• Complex of olive squalene, barley extract, and wheat germ extract: Helps nourish and replenish skin with hydration.
• Dipotassium glycyrrizate (licorice extract): Acts as an anti-irritant that reduces the negative visible effects of stress and pollution.
How to UseUse twice a day, morning and night.
- Dispense 1 to 2 pumps onto fingertips.
- Spread serum all over your face, avoiding eye area.
- Follow with moisturizer.
- Daily sunscreen is imperative. Apply in the A.M. after your moisturizer.
Our Clinique Clean Philosophy
No parabens. No phthalates. No fragrance. Just happy skin.
What else is this product free of?
Oil, denatured alcohol, SLS, SLES, sulfates.